Bestpass is always looking for motivated, hard-working candidates for various positions throughout the company. If you’re interested in working for a business that values their employees and their contribution to its growth, then put yourself on our radar.
Bestpass, Inc., is a national leader in electronic bypass and toll road discounting and management services for commercial fleets. Named one of the Capital Region's Best Places to Work for three consecutive years and ranked sixth on the Albany Business Review's 2016 list of Fastest-Growing Companies in the Capital Region of New York, at Bestpass, you will find a collaborative work culture that is dedicated to employees' personal growth and development. Our fun and casual work environment stimulates creative thinking and encourages employees to challenge themselves to better serve our customers. Come join a team of passionate professionals that works hard, makes a difference and has some fun along the way!
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401k retirement plan with employer match
- Enhanced Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Company Incentive Program
- Fun, informal workspace
- Smart, creative, and caring teammates
- Casual dress code
- Vacation transponder
- AAA discounts available
- Bonusly Program
- On-site dry cleaning services
- Snacks & Drinks
Sales Manager at Bestpass Inc.
We’re looking for a self-starting, high energy professional with managerial experience and a proven track record in sales. The individual must have the desire to own projects and exceed expectations, with ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture.
What you will do:
- Manage sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees as well as ongoing monitoring, coaching and appraising job results.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for Inside Sales Representatives; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new services.
- Develop, implement and execute a strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand the customer base.
- Continually review and analyze pipeline and lead data.
- Work with internal teams on behalf of customers to ensure the highest level of customer service.
- Work collaboratively with the sales and marketing teams and foster a culture of continuous process improvement.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts for leadership review.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure brand consistency and increase sales.
- Meeting with the sales team to assess company performance against KPI’s.
- Ensure the organization has an effective sales training program. Ensuring the CRM is being used effectively.
- Implement an effective sales pipeline and lead tracking process.
- Implementing best practice in sales techniques throughout the department.
What we're looking for in a candidate:
- Proven track record to drive the sales process from plan to close
- In-depth understanding of the sales administration process
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- Proficient with CRM software (SalesForce highly preferred) and MS Excel
- Build and maintain an open communication environment.
Bestpass, Inc., is seeking a professional SQL Specialist to keep our database up and running smoothly 24/7. You will work with internal teams, external vendors, and external customers to design, develop, customize, configure, test, deploy and support database software in the .NET framework in support of our back-office account management, invoicing and payment platform. Your key objectives include improving security, speed, reliability, maintainability, and scalability.
The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users. The candidate we want will be involved in the planning and development of databases, troubleshooting system issues, report writing, SQL tuning and data warehouse maintenance.
We are looking for smart, articulate team players who know how to get things done. We need team members with a drive to build a world-class development shop that fulfills the spirit of the agile manifesto and scores well on the Joel test and the Nokia test. We are looking for pragmatic programmers who value proven design patterns over new trends. The right candidate will be happy to help their colleagues succeed and at the same time, produce elegant code of which they can be proud. While we offer a flexible work environment, the successful candidate will work primarily at the Bestpass headquarters in Albany, NY.
What you will do:
- Identify database requirements by interviewing stakeholders; analyzing department operations; evaluating existing systems, and reviewing plans for new designs
- Maintain a data warehouse
- Write reports
- Work collaboratively with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users
- Troubleshoot system issues like high CPU usage, blocking, long running queries
- Map out the conceptual designs for planned database changes considering both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users
- Install and test new versions of the DBMS
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Support efforts to increase security to comply with PCI and SOC-2 principles
- Ensure database backup for disaster recover
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Control access permissions and privileges
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Capacity planning
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational colleagues to ensure database integrity and security
- Commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose
- Create test databases to support software development quality control
Take initiative in performance, working independently and with groups to effectively accomplish project objectives and engage in the following:
What you should have:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with database development and end user applications utilizing Microsoft SQL Server
- Excellent knowledge of database design, documentation and coding
- Prior experience designing and implementing a data warehouse
- Familiarity with data backup, recovery and security
- Previous experience with DBA CASE tools (frontend/backend) and third-party tools
- Familiarity working with .NET framework
- Familiarity with programming language APIs
- Experience working with high volume OLTP databases a plus
- An ability to understand front-end users’ requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Proven experience in solving challenging technical problems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good task estimation and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to support multiple projects and objectives simultaneously and efficiently
- BS in computer science, or a related discipline or equivalent experience
Don't see a position for you? We'd like to know what you could bring to our team. Please send us a PDF of your resumé. We will keep it on ﬁle and if something becomes available, perhaps we'll talk!
Thank you for your interest in the position. Please attach your resume here! If you’re a good fit for us, we'll be in touch.